- Editors and agents aren’t looking for great writing anymore … it’s all about the almighty dollar.
- Self-publishing will make an author a bestseller.
- “I don’t need an agent.”
- Publishers take care of all of your marketing and publicity.
- Talented authors get huge advances.
- Editors will be able to devote most of their time to your book.
- An author should never give up on the submission process, no matter how long it takes.
- All published authors should expect to hit a bestseller list or their publishers have failed.
- The bigger the agent, the better.
- Once your book is sold, you can give up your day job.
Erin Brown worked as an editor in New York City for over eight years. She recently left Manhattan to start her own freelance editorial business. To learn more about Erin, visit her website at www.erinedits.com
Read the full article here:
AuthorMagazine.org – an on-line magazine for writers and readers….